- Teaching Grammar. George Mason University.
- The Highly Motivated Teacher. Lee Canter Institute.
|EXPERIENCE IN THE EDUCATIONAL SETTING
Department of Defense Dependent School Teacher. Giessen, Germany. Taught middle school language arts in a large military community. Supervised Good Citizenship program for students. Received Sustained Superior Teaching Award.
Outreach Coordinator. Army Chaplain's Office in Seoul, South Korea. Responsible for visiting and training all new military families to insure their successful adaptation into the community and the Korean culture.
Volunteer Teacher. Bel Air Elementary School, Evans GA. Taught Korean culture classes, French language classes, and individual skills in math and spelling.
Army Community Services Volunteer. Seoul, South Korea and Ft. Gordon, GA. Received all incoming calls, screened and directed calls and all visitors to the proper agencies. Received Volunteer of the Month Award.
Volunteer Teacher. Smith Middle School. Ft. Hood, TX. Assisted teachers in three daily language arts classes. Provided individual trumpet instruction to Beginning Band students.
Army Family Team Building Instructor. Ft. Hood, TX. Taught classes in personal and group development and leadership skills to soldiers and military spouses.
Substitute Teacher. Prince William County Schools , VA. Worked in a variety of classrooms in three schools - Woodbridge Middle School , Lakeridge Middle School and Rockledge Elementary School .
Computer Lab Installation Assistant. Woodbridge Middle School, VA. Provided assistance in the installation of 30 new networked computers in the lab.
Teacher Assistant. Woodbridge Middle School, VA. Assisted in the SIGNET department. Responsible for thirteen computers. Evaluated and orderd hardware and software. Provided technology training for middle school SIGNET teachers in Prince William County. Web Designer for Signet Site. Worked individually with students. Created learning centers.
Web Master. Woodbridge Middle School, VA. Maintained the design, coordination, and implementation of school web site.
PWCS Technology Integration Committee. Collaborated with other middle school teachers to develop lesson plans that incorporate technology components into the county curriculum.
Prince William County Teacher. Saunders Middle School, VA. Taught middle school Language Arts and Reading. Sponsor for Computer Boot Up Camp. Involved with the Technology Committee and the Discipline Committee.
Current. Prince William County Teacher. Forest Park Senior High School, VA. Teach English 11-American Literature and Creative Writing I, II, and III. Sponsor for Literary Magazine-Ursa Major.
|PUBLICATIONS, AWARDS, AND RECOGNITIONS
- The annual recipient of the U.S. Army, Signal Corps Regimental Association Bronze Wahatchee Medal for 16 years of meritorious volunteer services.
- Referenced in Education World.
- Editor of Laura's Links for Teachers--Monthly E-Newsletter.
- Mrs. Dowling's Virtual Classroom--My Language Arts Class Site.
- "The Case for the Classroom Website"-E-mail for a copy.
- National Service Fellowship for continued studies in educational technology. Walden University. Awarded October 2000.
- Technology Showcase Presenter-Prince William County-2003, 2004, and 2005.
- Recipient of the 2004 ING Bank Grant awarded for classroom web site.
- Recipient of the 2008 Prince William County Classy Award presented for First Place in the Virginia High School League for the literary magazine, Ursa Major.
- Nomination for Best Web Site-School Fusion-2010.
|OTHER AREAS OF RELATED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Musical Productions.
- Children's Choir Director.
- Choral Productions.
- Classical Vocal Training.
Born 15 July 1958. Married. Three children.